The Academy has two main activities.
- We encourage participation in sport for people of all ages, regardless of background or ability
- We pursue a model of sporting excellence
to allow talented young people a platform from which to reach their individual goals and play the sport at the highest levelIn each of the last 10 years Ayr United Football Academy has continued to make significant progress in each of these areas.
- Our partnership with South Ayrshire Council, the Scottish Football Association and Ayr United Football Club to manage the South Ayrshire Football Development Programme has continued to build on the firm foundations we have developed over the years
- Our partnership with the South Ayrshire Health and Social Care Partnership and Alzheimer Scotland has been particularly fruitful through the Integrated Care Fund which has supported the Walking Football/Gentle Exercise and Reminiscence Groups across South Ayrshire
- Our activities, particularly over the last
few years, have continued to expand and grow in line with our aims and the objectives of promoting lifelong learning, health and wellbeing, primarily in South Ayrshire through footballAs ever we are grateful for the unstinting efforts of our volunteers, now in three figures, who are involved in service provision and fundraising. Without their support and assistance, we would not be able to make such a significantly valuable contribution to our local communities.Ian Welsh, Chair,
Ayr United Football Academy
Extract from the 2015-2016 Accounts